- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can favorite baked beans [I like Bush’s Country Style]
- 1 (15 ounce) can White or Black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/3-1/2 cup packed brown sugar [to taste]
- 2 TB Molasses
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 ounces bacon, chopped [ I used turkey bacon]
- 1 cup chopped onion
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- *Optional* 1/2 cup diced green pepper
Next time I make this, probably over Easter weekend, I'll likely add a can of green beans too. 'Cuz hey, I like green beans, and I think they'll add a needed bit o' color to these too. And also, make it a Hearty Four Bean Casserole. I can live with that.
|Here is the 4 bean variation I told you about with: crumbled bacon, and baked, white, kidney, and green beans. Hold the ground beef.|
- In a very large skillet [mine Pictured is 5 QT, I think] over medium heat, fry the ground beef, bacon and onion together until ground beef is no longer pink. Drain fat.
- To meat mixture in skillet add: beans, tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, white vinegar, dry mustard, brown sugar, Molasses. Mix thoroughly, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and heat over med-low for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- **or BAKE in large casserole dish, at 350 degrees, covered, for 30 minutes.**