Chicken and Dressing Casserole II
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast--boiled, shredded[keep 3 cups of the water to make broth]
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 2 tb butter
- 3 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 TB rubbed sage, or Poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 of 14 oz package seasoned Pepperidge Farm cornbread stuffing mix
- Place chicken in a large saucepan fill with enough water to cover chicken. Bring to a boil; boil for 40 minutes. Remove chicken from pan, reserving broth.
- Run cold water over chicken to help cool. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Shred chicken.
- To 3 cups of reserved broth add all spices, bouillon, butter, and milk.
- Add 1.5 cups stuffing and stir until well blended, then add shredded chicken, combine well.
- Pour mixture into greased 8X8 casserole dish or 9" pie plate. Top with thin layer dried stuffing crumbs and bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes until bubbly and stuffing is lightly browned.
**Just FYI: Most "Cream of" soups are nothing more than bouillon, water, and flour. It's fast and easy to make. Save your money and make your own for healthier, more flavorful dishes.**