|With Pie Crust|
- 4 oz. cream cheese [ I like to use Neufchatel, has 1/3 less fat than regular]
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste, abt 1/8 tsp
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 box refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crust [or 1 Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry sheet]
|With Puff Pastry|
1. In a large microwave safe bowl, combine cream cheese and butter. Microwave in 15 second intervals until slightly melted and able to stir until smooth.
2. Add onion powder and garlic salt to cream cheese/butter mixture and stir well.
3. Add chicken, frozen chopped broccoli and frozen corn to cream cheese mixture. Stir until well combined.
4. Unroll both sheets of refrigerated pie crust dough. Cut each sheet into quarters.
5. On one quarter of pie crust dough, put 1/4 of cream cheese/chicken mixture (about 3/4-1 cup.) Place a second quarter of pie crust dough over the top (make sure it lines up with bottom quarter) and pinch seams to seal off.
6. Repeat until you have 4 pie pockets. Cut about three small slits on the tops of each pie pocket for breathing— only for crust Do NOT cut slits in Puff Pastry. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
**Alternately: This can be baked in a 9x4 loaf pan, the only difference being an addition of 1/2-2/3 cup of chicken broth or milk added to the cream cheese mix, and breaking the pie crust up over the top of the filling in the loaf pan. Same cook time, same delicious results.**