Meatloaf, beatloaf. I...well, I LIKE meatloaf.








Meatloaf, beatloaf. I...well, I LIKE meatloaf:
1 TB onion powder--**or 1 large onion chopped fine
1 tsp garlic powder--**or 1 minced clove of garlic
2/3 cup saltine crackers [about 17 crackers- smashed into fine crumbs]-- **or 1/2 cup oatmeal
1/3 cup milk (not skim)
1 pound 96% lean ground beef, **or any combination of ground turkey, pork, and beef
1 large egg
1 or 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce [if making without beef go with 1 tsp]
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
 1 cup tomato sauce or ketchup
2 TB parsely flakes


Squish it all together and lay it in a greased 9X9 or 9X5 pan. I use a glass bread baking dish to hold all of the juices inside of the loaf.
350 Degrees  1 hour

2 comments:

  1. Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beatloaf. I like this meatloaf!!
    The Huntington Tierneys have enjoyed your meatloaf recipe once already Anne, and we will be having it again for dinner tonight. Yummy! Made the oatmeal version, with ground turkey breast, moist and delicious. Thanks for another great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU, Laura, for the wonderful compliment! I am SO very glad you've enjoyed it!!
    And that movie is a family favorite of ours. Even my 3 and 4 year old quote from it, yelling, "Farkus!! Farkus!" , and "Not a finga!"
    *Anne*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. Providing the same for others is why Tierney Tavern is here.
If you're looking for something new and tasty to try for dinner, take a look around, and for goodness sake if you like something or even go so far as to make a dish I have posted here—Please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it or any suggestions you might have!

Contact Me

feel free to email me at:asteentierney@gmail.com