I'm making one of these lovelies this week in anticipation of Thanksgiving. Especially in light of the fact that on the BIG day, I stuff myself so full of other goodness, that the heavenly assortment of desserts goes largely untested due to lack of room in the belly. So, now, while there is room to appreciate this beauty, bite after delectable bite--Come to mamma!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust [graham or frozen pastry variety]
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
**An easy tip and makes a big difference in taste - in a medium pan over low heat, heat up the canned pumpkin puree, spices, and salt. Heating the pumpkin puree up takes out the "canned" taste of the pumpkin and melds the spices together nicely. Then, pour the mixture out into another bowl, and let it cool a bit before adding the condensed milk and eggs. This little change makes the pumpkin taste much fresher! **