|My ACTUAL Mexican Chicken Lasagna with only single layer of tortillas for layers|
|Pretty Mexican Lasagna from internet|
1/2 pound shredded chicken
1 cup black beans
1 cup refried beans
1 (14.5 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 [14 oz] can petit diced tomato, drained [half saved for top layer]
1 cup corn
1/2 cup salsa
2 cups mexican blend cheese cheese
1 small can sliced black olives, drained
12-15 (6 inch) corn tortillas, halved [for more defined layers I'm now using Whole Grain tortillas]
1 TB onion flakes, or small onion , diced
1 TB Chili Powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
- In a medium sauce pan, boil chicken 45 minutes [if frozen]. Remove and cool, then shred.
- In large skillet: stir in beans, corn, half of diced tomato, salsa, seasonings; bring to a boil. Toss in the shredded chicken. Mix well and simmer 10 minutes
- Spread thin layer of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of an 9X11 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Place double layer of tortillas over the sauce, break in halves if necessary. Spoon half of the meat/bean mixture over the tortillas, and sprinkle with half of the cheese
- Pour thin coating of enchilada sauce over the cheese, and make another layer of tortillas. Layer the remaining meat/bean mixture over double- tortillas and cover with one final layer of corn tortillas, rest of enchilada sauce, other half of diced tomatoes, then coating of cheese.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes in the 350 degree oven.
- Remove foil and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Continue cooking, uncovered, for an additional 5 to 10 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve with sour cream, *plus optional diced tomatoes, black olives, and/or shredded lettuce*
Over top layer of tortillas spread rest of sauce, hearty layer of cheese, and a light sprinkling of black beans, black olives, and corn. Tent the foil over the top to keep if from pulling off all the cheesy goodness.