No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies



Do you ever find yourself NEEDING a sweet little chocolate something, but there are no desserts in the house to speak of and you really don’t want to go through the time and hassle to bake something? Well, then THESE are for YOU!
I got this recipe from my Aunt Angie when she came to visit many moons ago and they have come to the rescue for me many a time over the years, so now I share my joy with you.


Yield: 18-24 cookies

  1. 1/4 cup coconut oil
  2. 2/3 cup sugar
  3. 1/4 cup milk
  4. 1/4 cup cocoa
  5. 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter **they are perfectly yummy without this, for allergy sensitive folks! You can add rice crispies in PBs place for a nice variety of texture.**
  6. 2 cups dry quick-cooking oats
  7. 1 teaspoon vanilla
Optional add ins:
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
  • 1/2 cup sliced or chopped almonds
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
Directions:
1. Add the first four ingredients into a medium sauce pan.
2. Bring to a rolling boil and hold for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in the next 3 ingredients and drop by heaping teaspoon onto wax or parchment paper.
5. Let cool until set.


Refrigerate these numnums for 1-2 hours to set up [if you want] . They can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks (or freeze for several months). They taste great out of the refrigerator but are even better if left to sit at room temperature for just a few minutes before eating. 

*I normally store them in layers, on parchment paper, in an airtight container on the counter.- they stay fresh about 7-10 days. And I often only make half batches at a time to keep from glutting myself too terribly.



2 comments:

  1. i cannot wait to cook these tonight!! my mom always use to make them, and my boyfriend has never tried them. uhh! i might eat them all before he even gets home from work!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahha! that's so funny! I'm the exact same way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. Providing the same for others is why Tierney Tavern is here.
If you're looking for something new and tasty to try for dinner, take a look around, and for goodness sake if you like something or even go so far as to make a dish I have posted here—Please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it or any suggestions you might have!

Contact Me

feel free to email me at:asteentierney@gmail.com