I Crumble For Ya! Apple Crumble

I Crumble for ya!  I crumble for ya! I crumble for ya. I crum-ble for YOU!
Sorry, I just Had to go there. Remember that old 80's song, "I Tumble for you"? Obviously I do, and it popped into my head while I was getting together photos for this recipe. So you get to have it in your head now too.
Your welcome.

I want to thank Gesine Bullock-Prado, at  http://confectionsofamasterbaker.blogspot.com/
for this recipe. She's a good woman, that Gesine. This is the first of her recipes that I have actually made instead of just drooled over the idea of eating. And it was GOOD-- receiving kudos and raves galore at Thanksgiving dinner too!

And e-a-s-y, did I mention that part? Super easy!

How easy , you ask?
Look at this recipe and judge for yourself.

Fruit Crumble

~Ingredients~

For Crumble:
2 sticks butter, melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar [or , I say just simplify and go with 1 cup brown sugar and skip the white]
dash salt
2.5 cups flour
 *optional*--2 tsp cinnamon

Fruit:
I used 4 large apples, peeled and sliced into bite sized chunks. Or,  you can use two 10 ounce bags of the frozen fruit of your choice.

In a large bowl, combine all crumble ingredients and stir together. Keep working the crumbs with your spoon or your fingers until the butter is absorbed and forms clumps. Took about 15 seconds.

In an 8x8 baking dish layer fruit directly into the pan and then sprinkle crumble on top.  Don't worry if the fruit is still frozen.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until the fruit starts to bubble and the crumble is golden brown.
****************************
For smaller, more 2 person sized recipe, I use 2 1.5 cup ramekins
Filling:
3 small to medium sized apples
1 tb lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon

For crumble:
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar—NOT tightly packed
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon

They cook for about the same time since it's the butter that's browning, but it helps to not have the
2 STICKS of butter shock in the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. Providing the same for others is why Tierney Tavern is here.
If you're looking for something new and tasty to try for dinner, take a look around, and for goodness sake if you like something or even go so far as to make a dish I have posted here—Please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it or any suggestions you might have!

Contact Me

feel free to email me at:asteentierney@gmail.com