Cheesy Goodness Brocolli Casserole


Many moons ago a girlfriend of my brother's introduced our family to this delightful cheesy broccoli goodness and it's been a favorite recipe of mine ever since that first beautiful encounter with its amazing flavor combination and crunchy, buttery, Ritz cracker topping. Have some baking even as I type this in preparation for Thanksgiving-- Part Deux--dinner at my Aunt's house in about 90 minutes. Can't wait!  I'll no doubt have to restrain myself during the 40 minute drive to keep from shoving my fingers in and shoveling some in by the handful.

*This is a double batch*

16 oz Velveeta [or 1 cup 2% milk and 2 cups grated extra sharp cheddar cheese]
1 tsp garlic powder
2 cans cream of Mushroom soup [ Cream of Chicken can be used instead without noticeable difference to flavor]
2 pounds Broccoli Florets, Thawed
2 TB butter
1 large onion
2 sleeves of ritz crackers
4 TB butter for cracker topping

Saute onion in butter till soft, mix in soups and velveeta until well blend and melted. Stir in broccoli, coat well.
 Spread into 11x13 greased casserole pan.
Crush 2 sleeves of Ritz crackers, cut in 4 TB melted butter. Spread across top of broccoli mixture.
Bake uncovered, 350 degrees, for 30 minutes.



Tah dah! Greatness is yours!

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. This blog is the perfect place to bring together all of my favorites for easy access to pull up to use when it's time to make dinner.