Beef Asian Lettuce Wraps

What?! You say. You've already posted this recipe!!
No, No I haven't. I posted the chicken ones. I stated you *could* make it with beef, but I'd personally never tried it. Well, now I have. And I did some shimmying and shaking of the recipe to compensate for the beef vs. chicken difference.
So , now. again I say:
BEEF Asian Lettuce Wraps:

I browned and drained 1 lb ground beef, then added the sauce and veggies and simmered together about 20 minutes.
While browning meat, chop up all your veggies.
~Sauce~
2.5 tablespoons sesame oil
1 TB water
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
3 green onions bunches, or  about 1/2 cup chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, minced fine, or smashed to bits the way I do it.
~Veggies~
1 8oz can sliced water chestnuts, minced to the size of corn kernels-ish
**I also added 1 stalk celery, cut small and thin like double thick toothpick size
1 small grated carrot [ about 1 cup]
and  1/2 can bean sprouts to fill these out.
Verrry nice. And a sneaky way to add a couple serving of veggies you really don't even taste. But you feel better just knowing they are there. At least I do. Don't you? No really, don't you? You should. At least I think you should. So there. But I digress...

Again, I searched online to see if I could find an actually appetizing picture of these. No. None exists. So, though this looks not too terribly mouthwatering, they are very, very, good. And fast. Did I mention fast? Because I got these puppies done, start to finish, even starting with frozen ground beef I forgot to take out before hand- in 30 minutes. Beat that!

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. This blog is the perfect place to bring together all of my favorites for easy access to pull up to use when it's time to make dinner.