|EVERY Christmas and Thanksgiving this is a crowd favorite with leftovers fought and squabbled over!|
- 4 large squash thinly [1/4 inch] sliced (7 cups)
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can cream of chicken soup[*substitute with broth recipe listed below*
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded carrot [2 medium carrots]
- 4 cups Pepperidge Farm herb-seasoned stuffing mix (most of 8 ounce bag)
- **For a little variation, try adding a bit of zucchini too**
Cook squash, carrots, and onion in boiling water [ with 1 tsp salt added] for 10 minutes. [ SAVE BROTH!!] Remove veggies with slotted spoon to large bowl. Combine soup [or broth mixture], sour cream, and pepper to taste. Fold in cooked veggies.
Spread half of the stuffing in a 9x 11 inch baking dish. Spoon vegetable mixture on top. Sprinkle with remaining stuffing mixture. Bake at 350° until heated through, 30 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
**to use broth instead of using condensed soup: save water used when boiling veggies together. Measure out 2 cups and add 1/2 cup flour to it. Whisk until all flour is completely blended in and simmer, whisking often to make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan, about 5 minutes until thickened.**