Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps


Finally I found it!!! Finally! FINALLY!
After 3 tries with different recipes in my desperate search to find a delectable Asian Lettuce wrap to rival P.F. Chang's tasty offerings, the first try being A-W-F-U-L, the second being " Meh, ok. I guess I can keep it down." THIS latest one, my friend, was GOOD!!
This one is worthy of SHARING even. That should speak volumes in and of itself.


So, "gimme, gimme!," you say? Ok! I will! But first, again with my disclaimer. It's my photo and I'm still trying to learn to make things actually look half as good as they are. This picture does no such thing. But rest assured, I would not lead you astray! You can trust me when I say, " Mmm...mmmm... incredibly GOOD!"

Awesome Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
serves 3 or 4 adults as dinner, more as appetizer
  • 2 cups Chicken- minced -- [I save time by using chicken that is already cooked so I can just mince it up nice and small]
  • 2 teaspoons coconut Oil [ or any kind you prefer]
  • 1/2 cup matchstick carrots 
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
  • 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
  • 2 TBSP soy sauce
  • 1 TBSP minced garlic
  • 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp ginger powder
  • red pepper flakes
  • 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • **optional** 1 TBSP sunflower butter or peanut butter

Combine oils and add to wok or large frying pan. Heat oil over high heat until it glistens, about one minute. Add chicken and stir-fry until cooked through, then lower heat to med-hi and add rest of stir fry sauce, carrots, garlic, onions, water chestnuts. Stir-fry everything about four minutes and remove to a serving dish.

Serve stir-fry with iceberg lettuce or nappa cabbage leaf wraps.

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. This blog is the perfect place to bring together all of my favorites for easy access to pull up to use when it's time to make dinner.