Turkey [or Chicken] Spaghetti



Turkey Tetrazzini, a.k.a. Chicken Spaghetti
*Chicken can be substituted*
Thanks mom for this recipe!

1 med onion , diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup-- or cream of mushroom
2 cups milk
1/2 box spaghetti pasta
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
2-3 cups cooked turkey, bite size

**the original recipe called for this to go together as layers. After many years of doing it this way, I started rolling it into one dish, more like a casserole since it was much easier to assemble and tasted the same.


~Instructions~
Sauté onion, celery, and bell pepper in small amount butter until soft and browned.
Add milk and can of condensed soup
Add half of cheese, and stir until thickened.
Add the turkey and the boiled pasta and fold it together. I use a pasta fork to really pull things up from the bottom. Add rest of cheese and combine well.

Place mixture in large, sprayed casserole dish, cover and cook @ 350 until bubbly (about 30 minutes. You are not cooking anything, just allowing flavors to come together). Of course, you can sprinkle more cheese on top to melt.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Stumbled on your blog, some really good recipes. Only thing is maybe not such a dark background for the recipes. When you try to read & print a recipe very hard to read. Thanks!! I look forward to your recipes coming up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for letting me know that. My mom had mentioned the same thing but I wasn't sure how to change things. My husband, who is a wizard at such things, fixed me up. Let me know what you think of the changes and thank you so much for visiting!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. Providing the same for others is why Tierney Tavern is here.
If you're looking for something new and tasty to try for dinner, take a look around, and for goodness sake if you like something or even go so far as to make a dish I have posted here—Please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it or any suggestions you might have!

Contact Me

feel free to email me at:asteentierney@gmail.com