Addictive Cheesy Bruschetta--Don't say I didn't warn you!


Bruschetta
~ Thank you Nana Hank for creating my newest can't shake craving!~
My mother in law made these at our last family get together and we, every one of us, scarfed them down! And I mean scarfed!
*This recipe, when used with half loaf of French Bread, made about 8 or 9 slices of Bruschetta.

* 4 Roma (plum) tomatoes, sliced thin [1/8 inch thick] or you can dice them
* 2 cloves minced garlic [ or 1 tsp garlic powder]
* 2 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
* 1 tablespoon dried basil [ or 3 cups fresh basil chopped]
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 TB grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 French baguette
*1 or 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat oven on broiler setting.
2. In a small mixing bowl combine: garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes [I heat mine in the microwave about 30 seconds].
3. Cut the baguette into 1/2 inch slices. On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, [ or if you're like me and have a precarious relationship with your broiler--bake 4 or 5 minutes at 400 degrees] until slightly brown.
4. Divide the pesto mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Top with slices of tomato and cover with mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake for 4-8 minutes [ or broil for 2 or 3] -- until the cheese is melted.
**To keep things ultra simple, I sometime use 1/8 inch slices [instead of grating] of mozzarella over 1/4 inch slices of tomato [instead of dicing.]

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. This blog is the perfect place to bring together all of my favorites for easy access to pull up to use when it's time to make dinner.