Chicken [Spinach] and Cheese Hot Open-faced Hoagies


Ok, I just finished having this for dinner tonight and had to post this new recipe I found *thanks to Melanie at www.melskitchencafe.com* right away because it was SO delicious I simply had to share it!

1 loaf French bread, cut lengthwise [ I used a loaf seasoned with Rosemary and garlic]
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (in a pinch, you can use two large cans chicken breast)
1/2 cup light mayo
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts) [*I put these in a cup with about a tsp of butter to soften them up in the microwave for about a minute, stirring halfway through]
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped (or 2 tablespoons dried)
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a combo of monterey jack and sharp cheddar cheese)
*Optional* I LOVE adding about 1 cup of thawed chopped spinach [ or fresh spinach] to these.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place french bread on large baking sheet. Mix all topping ingredients together in a bowl. Spread topping evenly on top of both lengths of french bread. Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and edges are lightly browned. Slice into pieces and serve immediately.

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. This blog is the perfect place to bring together all of my favorites for easy access to pull up to use when it's time to make dinner.