Amazing Pecan Chicken Salad Sandwiches

makes enough for 5 or 6 sandwiches


3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded or cubed
2 stalks celery, diced small
1 1/2- 2 cups red/ green/ black grapes, halved
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup chopped pecans, or almonds
1 tsp Dill
1/4-1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning salt blend [*taste after 1/4tsp and add bit more until good, don't want it too salty*]
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 cup mayonnaise of choice [*I use Hellman's Canola Mayonnaise ]
*optional* 1 cup mandarin orange slices, or 2 tsp grated orange rind. [I use 2 tsp. McCorrmick's dried minced orange rind]
*optional* 1/2 cup cubed apple, skin on


toast bread of choice and line bread with leaf or two of lettuce for sandwiches.

***For a MUCH lower fat alternative***: I use Hellman's Canola Mayonnaise in the yellow tub. It has 4G fat per cup vs the 10G of normal mayo WITHOUT being diet. Also I go half and half Mayo + nonfat plain Greek Yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. Providing the same for others is why Tierney Tavern is here.
If you're looking for something new and tasty to try for dinner, take a look around, and for goodness sake if you like something or even go so far as to make a dish I have posted here—Please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it or any suggestions you might have!

Contact Me

feel free to email me at:asteentierney@gmail.com