makes about 6 1 cup parfaits
This recipe is flexible - e.g., if you just love the graham cracker crusty goodness then double the amount and make more.
Also, feel free to use the fruit of your choice, cherries, blueberries, peaches, you name it!
- 1 pound of strawberries
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs [I used crushed Honey graham Teddy Grahams]
- 8 ounces [1 block] of cream cheese, room temperature [reduced fat works great!]
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract [optional]
- 1 cup low fat cool whip
Slice the strawberries into a bowl. Set aside.
Crush graham crackers, set aside.
Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sour cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla and beat until combined.
Fold Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture with a large spoon.
Place about a tablespoon of the crushed graham cracker the bottom of your glasses. Layer some of the cheesecake filling in the glasses, then some of the strawberry topping and sprinkle some more of the graham cracker on top. (Amounts will vary according to how many parfaits you are making, so just adjust accordingly). Repeat layers until all are used up.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.