Chicken Fried Rice
Serves 4 or 5
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1.5 TB sesame oil
- 1 large onion, chopped, or 1 cup worth of diced green onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1.5-2 cups chopped chicken breast, seasoned with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper
- 2 carrots - peeled and diced [1 cup]
- 1 cup green peas [* or for carrots and peas, use 2 cups of frozen mix from bag*]
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3-1/2 cup soy sauce
- Cook rice according to package directions. While rice is cooking, heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in sesame oil and stir in onion. Fry until golden, then add garlic. When garlic is lightly browned, add in chicken. Fry until chicken is no longer pink.
- Lower heat to medium and stir in veggies. Fry until crisp-tender. Scootch everything to one side of pan and scramble eggs int he cleared space. Stir scrambled eggs into veggie mixture and add green onions.
- When rice is done, mix thoroughly with vegetables and stir in soy sauce. Adjust seasoning to your preference and serve immediately.
**OR**Cook the rice & let it cool [I cooked mine in water with a little chicken bouillon added for boost of flavor]. Then cook the onion & garlic in the oil. I added only chicken, carrot, & peas. Then mix the soy sauce in w/ the veggies. Stir the mix into cooled rice. Then cook 3 eggs in the same pan & chop them up to bite size pieces & mixed them in. Lastly, add in green onions.
**Option**Refrigerate the whole deal & just before dinner heat it all up by frying it so that there is a little crunch.