Cheesy Chicken Chowder

This is one of those meals where I can add just about any and all combinations of leftover veggies in my fridge. Cover it with enough cheese and they'll eat it!
Ingredients:
3 cups water
5 chicken bouillon cubes
1 1/2 cups diced potatoes
2 stalks celery
2 or 3 medium carrots
1/2-3/4 cup corn kernels
1 cup diced onion
1/3 cup salsa*optional*
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 TB margarine
3 TB all-purpose flour
1.5 cups milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups chopped, cooked chicken meat


1. Add chicken broth and butter to large pot.
2. Bring to a gentle boil over medium high heat.
3. Reduce heat to low.
4. Stir in diced potatoes, diced carrots, diced celery, corn, salsa, diced onion, salt and pepper.
5. Cover pot with lid, and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
7. Stir flour into milk, whisk till smooth.
9. Add to broth and veggies, bring to a gentle boil, stirring until thickened.
10. Reduce heat to low, stir in shredded cheddar cheese.
13. Stir in chicken. Heat through. Serve hot.

I also like to add about 1/2 cup of chopped lettuce leaves. And to this batch I had 2 leftover green onions that were about to go bad, so I added those in too.



Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. This blog is the perfect place to bring together all of my favorites for easy access to pull up to use when it's time to make dinner.