Easy peasy Summer Berry Salad

 I don’t know how I denied Feta cheese for so long, but I’ve been shown the light thanks to my Sister in law Lele [ you can find her here] and the delightful salad she introduced me too a few weeks ago.
It’s quite simple and totally healthy and light. And on days like today when I realize I’ve eaten precious little in the way of fruit or vegetation in recent days, it totally hits the spot!

Recipe portion sizes are for a good sized lunch or dinner portion salad for 1 person. Multiply as needed.
  • Lettuce, roughly half head
  • Sliced Strawberries— about 2/3-1 cup
  • hand full of fresh blueberries
  • about 1/3 cup crumbled Feta cheese per salad serving.
  • Top with abt 2TB reduced fat Raspberry Walnut vinaigrette dressing. [Ken’s or Newman’s Own are delicious choices]
  • **Also great with, but not shown here:
    •  Pecan or walnut halves
    •  mandarine orange slices 
    •  thin sliced apples

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. This blog is the perfect place to bring together all of my favorites for easy access to pull up to use when it's time to make dinner.