I don’t know how I denied Feta cheese for so long, but I’ve been shown the light thanks to my Sister in law Lele [ you can find her here] and the delightful salad she introduced me too a few weeks ago.
It’s quite simple and totally healthy and light. And on days like today when I realize I’ve eaten precious little in the way of fruit or vegetation in recent days, it totally hits the spot!
Recipe portion sizes are for a good sized lunch or dinner portion salad for 1 person. Multiply as needed.
- Lettuce, roughly half head
- Sliced Strawberries— about 2/3-1 cup
- hand full of fresh blueberries
- about 1/3 cup crumbled Feta cheese per salad serving.
- Top with abt 2TB reduced fat Raspberry Walnut vinaigrette dressing. [Ken’s or Newman’s Own are delicious choices]
- **Also great with, but not shown here:
- Pecan or walnut halves
- mandarine orange slices
- thin sliced apples