BlackBerry Cream Cheese Parfait
Time: 10 minutes + 30 minutes of optional chilling time
Servings: Four 3/4-1 cup servings
4 oz low fat cream cheese, softened
1/3 c reduced‑fat sour cream
3 TB sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 TB blackberry preserves
Crumble [about 3/4 cup]—*recipe follows*
1 1/2 c fresh or frozen and thawed black and/or blue berries
1. COMBINE cheese and sour cream in bowl of electric mixer and beat on high speed until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Reserve 1/3 of the mixture and set aside.
To 1/3 reserved cream mixture add 2 TB blackberry preserves, blend well.
2. FILL each of 4 small clear glasses you have on hand with layers, starting with 3 or 4 berries, then 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture, 1 Tb preserve mixture, then a layer of berries. Repeat the pattern once more using the remaining cheese mixture, preserve mixture, and berries.
Garnish each parfait with 1/4 of crumble mixture just before serving.
Chill at least 30 minutes before serving. *I take this more as a suggestion since they are fabulous right away and I am a BIG fan of instant gratification, especially when it comes to something yummy!*
CRUMBLE: [tastes like mini Scottish Oatcakes or oatmeal cookies]
1. 3 TB packed brown or white sugar
2. 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
3. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4. 3 TB melted butter [I used margarine with good results and reduced fat count]
In a small bowl melt butter in microwave, then add sugar, oats and flour; blend well. Place on lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Place in smooth piece, or break into crumbled pieces over foil or parchment paper and bake.
Why do I do this blog?
Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. Providing the same for others is why Tierney Tavern is here.
If you're looking for something new and tasty to try for dinner, take a look around, and for goodness sake if you like something or even go so far as to make a dish I have posted here—Please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it or any suggestions you might have!
feel free to email me at:email@example.com