I'm hungry and it's grocery night, so I am scrambling to put together something for dinner and this inspiration hits me. I was thinking just to make Chicken nachos, but then I thought, "No, how about Barbecue chicken Nachos?" Yes, oh yes...
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Tortilla Chips
- 1.5 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1.5 cups Shredded chicken
- BBQ Sauce (I use BullsEye BBQ Sauce)
- 2 TB chopped Green Onions
- Sour Cream
- *optional* cup of black beans, drained and rinsed
- *optional* serve with salsa.
- *optional* diced Tomatoes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spread out tortilla chips on lined cookie sheet
In a small bowl, combine chicken and 1/3 cup BBQ sauce. Mix well, and then spread mixture evenly over the chips.
Sprinkle all over generously with cheddar. Sprinkle scallions over nachos. Drizzle more BBQ sauce over the chips.
Bake in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes, until cheese and BBQ sauce are hot.
Drizzle with sour cream and serve.
Here is an even more divine photo to REALLY get you saliva pooling: