- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 11.5 oz bag [regular size bag] semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Beat everything except flour with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Drop by heaped teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets [or parchment paper lined].
- Bake in the preheated oven 10-11 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
**After the first dozen are baked, I line a large baking sheet [ not the hot one just used] with parchment paper and fill it with unbaked cookies, then stick it in the freezer for at least and hour [usually over night.] Once frozen, I put them all in a large freezer bag to save for small batches of fresh cookies at a later time.
When using frozen dough, preheat oven at 325, and cook for 15-16 minutes. They don't spread as much and make more perfect looking cookies this way. Not to mention it keeps us from gorging ourselves on their goodness when there are only 8 or 9 available at any given time.**