Summer Squash, Zucchini Parmesan, i.e. Italian Vegetable Medley

Squash , Zucchini Parmesan i.e. Italian Vegetable Medley
*Serves 3 or 4

  • 2 TB butter or margarine
  • 1 tsp salt, dash of black pepper
  • 1/4 cup onion, diced very small [ or 1 TB dried minced- I tried it with onion powder and, bleck, not so good]
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder, or 1 clove minced garlic
  • 1 medium zucchini, sliced about 1/8-1/4 inch thick, in rounds or half moons
  • 1 medium yellow squash, sliced about 1/4-inch thick, [ half moons cook faster]
  • 1 medium ripe tomato, chopped
  • 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese

In a medium pot toss in everything but the cheese. Simmer, covered, over medium heat for  7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until veggies are tender. Once tender, toss the hot mixture with the parmesan cheese and serve.
Thanks to Mel at melskitchencafe.com for the inspiration for this recipe, though I doctored it some. I admit I stole her photo, because mine just always look less than appetizing.
This is AWESOME with the  Chicken Parmesan recipe I have on here. I mean awe-some!!

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. This blog is the perfect place to bring together all of my favorites for easy access to pull up to use when it's time to make dinner.