|I wish you could SMELL this! So Amazing!!!|
Chicken Pasta Primevera
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 whole large Onion, Chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 tsp salt , or to taste
- ¾ cup Wine (white Or Red Is Fine)
- 28 oz Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 diced medium tomato
- 1 large zucchini sliced in 1/4 “ half moons,
- 1 large yellow squash, sliced in 1/4 “ half moons,
- *optional* 1 peeled, grated carrot
- 2 or 3 chicken breasts cubed
- ¼ cup dried Parsley
- 2 cups Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese [ or mix of Parmesan and Mozzarella]
- 1 tsp sugar [only if you use use a dry wine. I used a sweeter White Merlot, so I skipped the sugar]
- 1/2 box pasta noodle of choice
In large skillet or pot: Pour in wine, add onions, butter, and garlic. Gently stir for 2 minutes.
Pour in crushed tomatoes and stir to combine. Add veggies and chicken and all spices to tomato sauce [everything but pasta]. Simmer on low for 30-45 minutes until veggies are tender and chicken is done. Stirring occasionally.
[*You can, of course, use precooked chicken. in which case 30 minutes cook time should be plenty.*]
Either combine sauce in large pot with pasta, or serve layered over pasta. Either way, liberally sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan and serve.