Make It Yourself Taco Seasoning

If you are like me, sometimes you get ready to start making dinner and just as you are accumulating all of the ingredients you need, you realize you're, of course, missing the most important one. Like tonight. I was making tacos and realized I'd forgotten to pick up a seasoning packet at the store. Well, www.allrecipes.com to the rescue!!
I found a recipe for taco seasonings and tweaked it a bit. It was QUITE tasty!
So, of course, I had to share it with you in case you ever find yourself in the same boat.

  • 1 TB Chili Powder
  • 1.5 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • black pepper to taste [abt 1/8 tsp works for us] 
  • 1-2 TB cornstarch

This is equivalent to a packet of seasonings and works for 1 lb of beef or chicken with 2/3 cup of water.

2 comments:

  1. Get out! I never thought of doing this but it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came up with it out of necessity one night and it's come in quite handy many times since too!
    *Anne*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. Providing the same for others is why Tierney Tavern is here.
If you're looking for something new and tasty to try for dinner, take a look around, and for goodness sake if you like something or even go so far as to make a dish I have posted here—Please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it or any suggestions you might have!

Contact Me

feel free to email me at:asteentierney@gmail.com