1/2 C (4 oz) cream cheese
1/4 C medium salsa
1T fresh lime juice [ I didn't have any, and used lemon--tasty!!!]
1/2 t cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp granulated garlic
2 T sliced green onions [ including white part]
2 C shredded cooked chicken
1 C grated cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp salt
small flour tortillas
cooking spray [ I had butter flavored, and it was quite a compliment to the flavors]
- Heat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly [or generously, like I did] coat with cooking spray.
- Heat filling in the microwave for about 45-60 seconds so everything is soft and easy to stir together. Add chicken and cheese and combine well.
- Work with a few corn tortillas at a time and heat in the microwave until they are soft enough to roll without cracking [with flour ones I found this step unnecessary]. It helps to place them between damp paper towels. Usually 20-30 seconds will do it. If you find yours are cracking when you roll them or are coming unrolled right away, just try heating them longer and try the paper towel thing.
- Place 2-3 T of chicken mixture on the lower third of a tortilla, keeping it about 1/2 inch from the edges.
- Roll it up as tight as you can.
- Place seam side down on the baking sheet. Lay all of the taquitos on the baking sheet and make sure they are not touching each other.
- Spray the tops lightly [ or, a lot, like I did]with cooking spray or an oil mister and sprinkle some kosher salt on top. [ I skipped the salt since it was inside the mixture]
- Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown.