Whatever- Fruit- I- Want, Quick Bread


I love quick breads! I love all sorts of quick breads. I remember when I was young Pillsbury made a cherry nut quick bread and it was so divine, alas, it's no longer available any time, any where. Then there are seasonal breads. These frustrate me because I don't want to have to wait until November to have cranberry nut bread, or pumpkin bread or whatever. So here I have a fail-proof whatever- fruit- I- want bread recipe. Forget the boxed stuff. Trust me on this!
 Ha! I love instant gratification!


Ingredients
5 TB [1/3 cup] butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp lemon juice [not with banana bread]
2 cups all-purpose flour
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1 cup fresh or frozen fruit of choice: apples, apricots, strawberries, bananas, blueberries, cranberries, maraschino cherries, etc.
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts *optional*

Directions
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, egg whites and lemon juice. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the fruit, and nuts.
Transfer to 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 335° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.

 Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices each).

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. This blog is the perfect place to bring together all of my favorites for easy access to pull up to use when it's time to make dinner.