2 tablespoons butter (or margarine) [*if you use onion and garlic powders, omit this*]
1 small onion, chopped [ 1 tsp onion powder, or 1.5 TB flakes]
2 cloves garlic, minced [ 1/4 tsp garlic powder]
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/3 cup catsup
1 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce *optional*
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Melt butter in a skillet.
2. Cook onion and garlic in melted butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place mixture in a large bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
4. Combine turkey, oatmeal, egg, catsup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper with onion mixture.
5. Press meatloaf into an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 60 minutes.
Tastes a LOT like my favorite Patty Melt!
Why do I do this blog?
Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. Providing the same for others is why Tierney Tavern is here.
If you're looking for something new and tasty to try for dinner, take a look around, and for goodness sake if you like something or even go so far as to make a dish I have posted here—Please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it or any suggestions you might have!
feel free to email me at:firstname.lastname@example.org