Ham Salad


Sadly, I am the only person in my family who will eat this. Silly young souls don't know what they are missing since they won't even TRY it. I don't get that at all, as I have adored ham salad sandwiches since I was their age. But I digress...
Just means more for me, which is awesome because I LOVE this stuff on sandwiches! I'm talking 2+ inch thick sandwiches full of this goodness horked down in seconds kind of love them! Honestly, I have to just stand in the kitchen and eat mine rather than bring it to the table because the wolfish, fiendish way in which I devour them would quite possibly alarm and/or traumatize my impressionable wee ones.
It's not pretty, but, dude, They. Are. Good.
This is one of those things that I will NEVER eat from a deli or a store. It REALLY has to be fresh from my own [or my mother's] kitchen for me to trust it. I mean, have you seen that disgusting pink mush they slap between two slices of bread and call ham salad? *shudder*, *shudder*

Ham Salad for Sandwiches

Ground or finely chopped cooked ham- 3 cups [I sometimes use thin sliced deli ham and just chop it super fine]
Celery- 1 cup chopped - [I go with about 4 ribs because I like it super crunchy]
Prepared yellow mustard- 1-2 TB [depending how much you like your mustard. Start with 1 and add to personal taste]
Reduced fat Mayonnaise- 1/2- 3/4 cup
Sweet relish- 3 TB or more [Adjust amount according to saltiness of the ham, really helps to tone that down]
1 teaspoon grated onion, or 1/8 tsp onion powder--**optional**

Directions

Mix all the ingredients until well blended.
Spread on sliced bread of choice to make a sandwich, or serve with crackers.

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. This blog is the perfect place to bring together all of my favorites for easy access to pull up to use when it's time to make dinner.