- 1-½ pound lean beef stew meat, cubed
- 1 large Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 cups Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 cup Guinness [to be honest, I use pretty much the whole 11 oz. bottle]
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoons Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 3 whole Bay Leaves
- 3 whole Carrots, Peeled and Cut Into 1" Chunks
- ½ pound Baby Red Potatoes, Scrubbed and Halved
- 3 TB Flour
- 2 TB Extra light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley , or 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
Heat a 6-quart stove-top casserole and add the oil and the bay leaves. Cook the bay leaves for a moment and then add the meat. Brown the meat on both sides on high heat. Add the sliced onion and cook for a few minutes until it is clear. Reduce the heat to low and add the garlic, thyme, rosemary and flour, and stir well until smooth. Add the beef stock and stout; simmer, stirring, until the stew thickens a bit. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Check for salt and pepper before serving.