Family Favorite Potato Salad


2 pounds Red potatoes cut in 1" or smaller squares
1/2 C mayo (more if needed)
1 TB Prepared Yellow Mustard.
2 TB dill pickle relish
2 stalks celery sliced thin
1/2 tsp onion powder (more to taste)
salt to taste [abt. 1 tsp]
1/2 tsp Paprika

DIRECTIONS:



Place eggs in the same pot with the potatoes to cook.  I use about 1 egg per pound of potato (or just slightly less)
---the eggs and the potatoes take about 10 minutes to cook once at a boil and the potatoes keep my eggs from cracking
boil, drain, etc...


In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery, onion, relish, garlic salt, celery salt, mustard, pepper and mayonnaise. Mix together well and refrigerate until chilled.


3 comments:

  1. Do you ever put dill in your potato salad? I've only had it once or twice and liked it but both times it had dill in it. My husband loves potato salad and is demanding it so I've got to work something out.


    He said this looks good. That's a start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had Dill in my potato salad. But I love it in my Chicken salad. I can imagine it might work really nicely in a potato salad though--might have to try it next time!
    *Anne*

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and the picture here has Parsley flakes in it-- which is just for color and doesn't effect the taste at all.
    *Anne*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. Providing the same for others is why Tierney Tavern is here.
If you're looking for something new and tasty to try for dinner, take a look around, and for goodness sake if you like something or even go so far as to make a dish I have posted here—Please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it or any suggestions you might have!

Contact Me

feel free to email me at:asteentierney@gmail.com