Waldorf Apple Pecan Salad 2 Ways

Waldorf Salad 2 Ways
Apples, pecans, and raisins Oh My!!!
Here is my simple, lighter in taste and fat count version of the classic fruit and nut salad--as well as the original recipe.
This has always been a tasty little treat I like to indulge in. And with the lite Cool Whip, it's also healthy and guilt free. Which is always a nice thing.

~Classic dressing ingredients~
1/2 cup mayonnaise [ Light Mayo would work fine for this]
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
~Dressing Alternatives~
*for a simple, lighter in taste and fat count version of the classic, instead try : 2/3 cup Lite Cool Whip***
*I've read a few recipes that call for Miracle Whip instead. I'm not a fan, but if you are--
then there's yet another option for you.
~Salad ingredients~
3 apples -- [ red or green depending on your preference for sweet or tart] peeled, cored, and chopped(a good idea is to chop the apples first and then drench them in a bit of lemon juice to keep them from browning!)
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1/2 cup chopped walnuts [or pecans are good too!]
2/3 cup quartered grapes [red or green]

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. This blog is the perfect place to bring together all of my favorites for easy access to pull up to use when it's time to make dinner.