- 1/4 cup olive oil, butter, or margarine, melted
- 1- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 tsp parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 1" thick slices french or Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. *OR* toss in melted butter then lay out on foil or a plate or whatever, and sprinkle with seasonings to be sure of more even coverage]
- Arrange in a single layer a parchment paper or foil lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- I think 300 degrees for closer to 30 minutes would give them a truer crouton crunch. But the first time and temp make great croutons in a hurry.
***Awesome secondary use for the Garlic Cheddar Soda Bread I have , since it only stays good for about 2 days before getting quite hard. PERFECT to use to make croutons for soups or stews!