• 8 flour tortillas [ I like using the whole grain kind]
• 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 16-ounce jar of pizza sauce
Topping options are limitless:
sliced black olives
thin sliced green peppers
crumbled, cooked Italian sausage
1. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat add 2 tb butter or oil of choice and fry chosen toppings, such as: pepperoni, onion, green peppers, or sausage until crisp. Transfer on a paper towel to drain.
2. Brush each tortilla with a thin layer of pizza sauce (so thin that if you turned it over, none would drip).
3. Sprinkle layer of cheese over the sauce on the bottom tortilla. Add toppings, then cover with another layer of cheese and place the other tortilla on top (sauce side in).
4. Pre-heat a medium skillet over medium heat.
5. Lay quesadilla in the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and tortillas are crispy.
6. Slice into quarters and serve with a little bowl of pizza dipping sauce.
**when putting together, keep all sauce and toppings about 1 inch from tortilla edges to give room for melting during cooking process.**