Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup
• 1 lb ground beef, or ground turkey
• 2 green peppers, sliced and diced [or 1 green/1 red]
• 1 medium onion, minced
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder [or 3 cloves, minced]
• black pepper to taste
• 1 large can [28 oz] diced tomatoes, undrained [or 2 regular sized cans]
• 1 small [8 oz] can tomato sauce
• 24 oz beef broth [2 cups water with 2 tsp beef bouillon granules]
• 1 or 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
• 1.5 cups cooked rice
• 1/2 − 1 tsp Tabasco Sauce
• salt to taste [add after beef broth so it isn’t too salty!]
• 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Brown the meat and drain the fat.
Add everything else, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
**Top each bowl with about 1/2 cup of rice and shredded cheese before serving. Or just add rice into soup and top with cheese.
Why do I do this blog?
Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. Providing the same for others is why Tierney Tavern is here.
If you're looking for something new and tasty to try for dinner, take a look around, and for goodness sake if you like something or even go so far as to make a dish I have posted here—Please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it or any suggestions you might have!
feel free to email me at:firstname.lastname@example.org