3-4 lbs chuck roast
2 or 3 large carrots cut in 2 inch chunks
2 medium potatoes, quartered
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 bottle or can Guinness stout
1 large onion sliced thin rings, or diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp beef bouillon granules, or 2 cubes
1 cup water
1−2 TB tomato paste
2 TB flour
1/4 cup Worchestershire Sauce
dash of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium high heat, combine: water, Guinness, beef bouillon, and Worchestershire. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the flour , whisk until well blended, and cook for 1 or 2 more minutes; Add tomato paste, and season to taste with pepper.
- In large casserole dish place chuck roast, surround with veggies, pour Guinness mixture over top and cover tightly with foil.
- Place in the oven and cook for 2.5 - 3 hours, or until meat and vegetables are tender.