Orange-Lemon Chicken Stir fry


Ingredients for Sauce:

  1. 1/4 cup chicken stock
  2. 4 TB orange juice
  3. 2 TB lemon juice
  4. 1 TB rice vinegar
  5. 1-2 TB soy sauce [adjust to personal taste]
  6. 2 teaspoons grated orange zest [I had no zest :( ]
  7. 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
  8. 2 tsp sugar
  9. 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
  10. 1 clove minced garlic
  11. 1/2 tsp sesame oil
  12. 1 TB chopped green onion
  13. 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes [ I don’t have any so I just added a bit of ground black pepper]

2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon water


ADD-INS or SIDES:
2 chicken breasts, cut on bite sized cubes or thin strips
1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced thin,
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups prepared rice

Chow Mein Noodles
 *********
Add first 13 ingredients into a small saucepan and set over medium-high heat.  Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
Heat 2 TB oil in a large skillet over medium-hi heat. stir-fry chicken 3 minutes, until no longer pink. Remove with slotted spoon and place in bowl close by.
Add carrots and broccoli to pan, reduce heat to med and cover. Cook for 3-4 minutes, [ until tender] stirring frequently.

Bring sauce back to boil over medium-high heat. Mix together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water; stir into the sauce. Pour sauce into skillet, adding chicken back to veggie mix. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Toss in green onion at last minute , stir in and  serve over rice with crunchy Chow Mein noodles on top.

1 comment:

  1. Nice article!. I got curious about this Recipes For Stir Fry because it looks delicious and I want to taste it. I will ask my wife to cook this recipe and I will help her to cook this. And for the next time, I can do it alone. Thank you for this!.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. Providing the same for others is why Tierney Tavern is here.
If you're looking for something new and tasty to try for dinner, take a look around, and for goodness sake if you like something or even go so far as to make a dish I have posted here—Please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it or any suggestions you might have!

Contact Me

feel free to email me at:asteentierney@gmail.com