Chocolate Bavarian Torte


For my birthday this year I want THIS...
Oh, I have had this recipe in the back of my cookbook for almost 10 years, always thinking THIS year I'll make this for my birthday [I have no problem with making my own cake]. But for some reason I never do. Well, this year I am definitely going to. It's waited long enough. And so have I.
Ingredients
  • 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) devil's food cake mix
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened [1/3 reduced fat]
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped [Yep, I’m going there!!]
  • 2 tablespoons grated semisweet chocolate
Directions
  • Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two 9-in. round baking pans. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
  • Beat whipping cream until fluffy.
  • In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
  • Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with a fourth of the cream mixture. Sprinkle with a fourth of the chocolate. Repeat layers three times. 
  • Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
  • **For a healthier version of the cake, simply mix 1 can of pumpkin into the dry cake mix — I’ve heard folks swear by this, but I have personally never tried it. Might have to though since I have 6 cans of pumpkin in my pantry.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. Providing the same for others is why Tierney Tavern is here.
If you're looking for something new and tasty to try for dinner, take a look around, and for goodness sake if you like something or even go so far as to make a dish I have posted here—Please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it or any suggestions you might have!

Contact Me

feel free to email me at:asteentierney@gmail.com