Blueberry Crumb Bars

I am making these tonight and I can't WAIT!!!
I doctored my originally posted recipe after making it last night. This is the new and improved recipe.


Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup  margarine or softened butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon 
Filling:

  • 2-2/3 cups fresh blueberries [ I used a bag of frozen which had about 2 cups. Thaw, but don't drain the juice. I did, and they were a bit dry because of it.]
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2-3 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1 TB lemon juice

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9×9 inch pan.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together 3/4 cup brown sugar, 2 cups flour, and cinnamon. Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the butter and vanilla. Dough will be crumbly. Pat half of dough into the prepared pan.
3. In another bowl, stir together the 1/2 white cup sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Gently mix in the blueberries [and juice if using frozen/thawed]. Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust. 


4. Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until top is slightly brown. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. Providing the same for others is why Tierney Tavern is here.
If you're looking for something new and tasty to try for dinner, take a look around, and for goodness sake if you like something or even go so far as to make a dish I have posted here—Please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it or any suggestions you might have!

Contact Me

feel free to email me at:asteentierney@gmail.com