Butter Spritz Cookies

Making these today in honor of Christmas, but also because all 3 of my kidlets have been seriously under the weather this week and snow days caused my 3rd grader to miss Pajama Day and class Christmas Party. So we're all in our pajamas and we get to keep all the yummy cookies to OURSELVES! This seems like a good trade.
I haven't made these since I was about his age and we will be using the same cookie press I used back then. Maybe today we start a new yearly Christmas tradition!
**Later**: I had quite an issue with these not sticking onto the cookie sheet straight out of the press. Don't have any idea what the deal was, so I rolled them into balls and made them into thumbprint cookies instead and sprinkled sugar into the dents.


Butter Cookies
Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup [2 sticks] butter, softened
  • 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp almond extract
  • *optional* 1/4 cup powdered cocoa instead of 1/4 cup of the flour

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Sift together the flour and salt; set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg yolks, almond extract and vanilla extract. Gradually blend in the sifted ingredients. Fill a cookie press with dough and shoot cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. If you like, decorate with sugar or sprinkles at this time.
  3. Bake for 6 minutes in preheated oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. Providing the same for others is why Tierney Tavern is here.
If you're looking for something new and tasty to try for dinner, take a look around, and for goodness sake if you like something or even go so far as to make a dish I have posted here—Please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it or any suggestions you might have!

Contact Me

feel free to email me at:asteentierney@gmail.com