1/2 pound ground beef, turkey, or shredded chicken1 can black beans [drained, rinsed]
1 cup refried beans
1 (14.5 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1.5 cups favorite salsa
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
3/4 cup corn
2 cups mexican blend cheese cheese
4 8-inch whole grain tortillas [or whatever flavor you prefer]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown beef and onion; drain.
- Add beans, salsa, seasonings, corn, and 1/2 of cheese
- Spread thin layer of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of an 9 inch pie baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place tortilla over the sauce. Spread 1/3 of filling of the filling mixture over the tortilla, add another tortilla over the top and repeat this step twice more [until you reach level with top of baking dish] ending with tortilla on top.
- Pour enchilada sauce over everything.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes in the 350 degree oven.
- Remove foil and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Return to oven and continue cooking, uncovered, for an additional 5 to 10 minutes until cheese melts.