I have updated a few of my recipes: Southwestern Baked Egg Rolls, Cajun Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce, and Italian Hearty Beef Stew, so go check them out!!
- 3 TBSP butter
- 1/2 package cream cheese (4 ounce)[ I used reduced Fat]
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups milk [I used 2%]
- 1.5 cups fresh grated Parmesan cheese [ grated from Wedge block]
- 2 TB flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 lb large shrimp
1 bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed [or 1 large fresh bunch would work here too]
1 box linguine pasta, cooked
- Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add 1 cup milk, whisking to smooth out lumps. Add 2 TB flour and remaining 1 cup milk,to sauce. Stir well, add parmesan, salt and pepper, stir until cheese is melted and then whisk until completely blended. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Start pasta in large pot.
- While pasta is cooking, Add shrimp, broccoli and Alfredo sauce to large skillet, and simmer on medium-low for about 10 minutes [until broccoli is tender.
- Toss with hot pasta, serve.
This is not a traditional Alfredo sauce [which consists of lots of butter, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese], but a lower fat variation I came up with and found I liked better.