Strawberry Cream Cheese Crumble

Do you remember those Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake Ice cream Bars? THAT is what this tasted like to me. Sooo Good!!

This just made a little dessert enough for 2 or 3 people to have a little sweet, yummy, something after dinner. You will want to double it to fill an actual 9 inch pie plate.
I made mine crustless. The recipe called for a oreo or graham cracker crust as a base for all the goodness.
 I went with the primary ingredients I found for several of the cheesecake recipes in my collection, omitting the butter and egg, since I just wanted something nice and light  to satisfy my sweet tooth.
Then added the jam and berries I found on a tart recipe and I was VERY happy with the results. 
Super yummy goodness, with a very minimum amount of guilt. Win/Win!

         ~Ingredients
  1. 2 TB all-purpose flour
  2. 2 TB sugar
  3. 1 or 2  TB strawberry jam
  4. 1/2 package (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened [Reduced Fat] [Greek Cream Cheese is Awesome for this!]
  5. 2 TB sour cream [Reduced Fat]
  6. 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  7. 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries [ or any kind of berries you like], thawed and drained [I'm going to try fresh peaches next time!]

  1. ~TOPPING:

  1. 1/4 cup packed brown sugar [honestly, next time I will use a little less since my berries were pretty sweet already]
  2. 2 TB old-fashioned oats
  3. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  4. 2 TB cold butter [I used margarine with good results and reduced fat count]


In a small bowl, combine first 6 ingredients [ I popped it in the microwave for about 20 seconds, to get it all soft enough to blend easily together]
I used a little 4 inch ramekin for mine. Sprayed with Pam, then dumped all the gooey goodness in and topped with about an inch of fresh sliced strawberries. Then I pressed them into the goo.
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.  Serve warm or cold. 

  • Yield: 3 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. Providing the same for others is why Tierney Tavern is here.
If you're looking for something new and tasty to try for dinner, take a look around, and for goodness sake if you like something or even go so far as to make a dish I have posted here—Please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it or any suggestions you might have!

Contact Me

feel free to email me at:asteentierney@gmail.com