Soft and Chewy Molasses Gingerbread Cookies

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and played with it a little bit.
 These stay wonderfully soft and chewy.
 Molasses Gingerbread Cookies
Servings: 24

~Ingredients~
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves [I only had allspice on hand, worked quite nicely]
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup margarine, softened
1 cup white sugar [I used Brown]
1 egg
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup molasses [I used 1/3 cup]
2 tablespoons white sugar for coating the rolled cookie dough balls [ larger sized granules make these look really great]

~Directions~
1.     Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Officially you're supposed to [1] Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
[2]  In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses. Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture.

**But what I did was put the wet stuff in the bowl, stir together, add all of the dry stuff, stir some more. Put dough in fridge for about 30 minutes or it is super sticky.
     Shape dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet [I used parchment paper], and flatten about halfway. **I did some pre-flattened about half way, and some I left in balls, they both flattened about the same when finished, but the ones left untouched kept the cackle sugar finish much better.
3.     Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

Why do I do this blog?

Well, because I like easy to make, flavorful dishes with a moderate fat count, and a wide variety of them. This blog is the perfect place to bring together all of my favorites for easy access to pull up to use when it's time to make dinner.