Orange chicken stir fry
3/4 LB boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 or 2" cubes, or thin slices
2 cups broccoli florettes
1 large carrot , sliced thin
1 stalk celry, sliced thin
1 cup onion ,diced
1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 TB soy sauce
- 2 TB grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes *optional*
- 1 heaping TB orange marmalade *yummy optional add-in*
- 1 TB cornstarch** Add last, just before pouring over chicken
3 TB green onion (chopped- for garnish)
- In a bowl, stir together sauce ingredients until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is well combined.
- Coat cubed chicken in 1/4 cup cornstarch + 1/4 cup flour [ I just put it all together in a large baggie with the cubed chicken and shook it up to coat everything]
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-hi heat, stir-fry the chicken until the outside is golden brown and the inside is no longer pink, [5 minutes]. Add veggies if you're gonna, then pour the sauce mixture over the everything. Cover and heat on med-low for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
If desired, garnish with green onions and serve over rice.