Guinness Shepherd's Pie
- 1 lb. Ground beef or lamb, or 1/2 lb each turkey and beef combo
- 1 large onion, chopped onion [ or 1 full TB onion powder]
- 2 Garlic cloves - chopped [ or 1 tsp garlic powder]
- 3 tsp. GROUND Sage, *if using RUBBED sage, only use 1.5 tsp*
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 8 oz Guinness beer and 1 cup water
- 3 tsp beef bouillon granules, or 3 cubes
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 TB flour [to desired thickness of broth]
- Black pepper to taste, [1/4 tsp works for me]
- 4-5 medium potatoes boiled and mashed -- or 6 servings instant potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- Brown ground meat, pour off fat when done.
- Then add all ingredients except potatoes, stir to mix well and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Put mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish, or glass pie pan and spread the mashed potatoes evenly on top of the casserole.
**If you think to save leftover juice from a roast or from pot roast-- it makes a W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L gravy base for this!! If you start with something like this for a base only do 1 packet of beef sew mix , 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 or 2 tsp sage for the gravy.