Serving Size : 12
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 box French Vanilla instant pudding
- 1 small tub Cool Whip
- 1 can Chocolate cake frosting of your preference
- Heat water and margarine to rolling boil in 2 1/2 quart saucepan.
- Stir in flour. Stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Beat in eggs all at once; continue beating until smooth.
- Drop dough by scant 1/4 cupfuls about 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until puffed and golden, 35 - 40 minutes. **To promote drier center--after cook time, turn off oven , poke a couple of toothpick holes in top [or one poke with a knife] and leave in for additional 10 minutes**
- Cool away from draft.
- Cut off tops; pull out any filaments of soft dough.
- Make up pudding according to pie filling directions[reduced milk] on end of box, let stand 5 minutes in fridge.
- Blend in healthy scoop of Cool Whip and fold in together until just mixed.
- Fill puffs with pudding mixture. Replace tops; take off lid and foil of cake frosting and heat in microwave for 20-30 seconds--until about milkshake firmness.
- Spoon over tops of puffs then Refrigerate until serving time.